A Little About Me:
I started my Postpartum Doula journey not long after my son was born. Having never heard of a Postpartum Doula, I was interested in finding out what their role was in a new or growing family. Once I knew, I couldn't imagine myself doing anything else with my life! I believe I have found my true calling in becoming a Postpartum Doula. I love walking into a home and helping new families gain their confidence through honesty, education and humor.
With our first baby my postpartum period was filled with tears, a lack of confidence, and many fears about the future. Although I had friends and family to help me, I believe a trained Postpartum Doula would have helped me to gain my confidence and heal faster. It truly takes a village, and a Postpartum Doula should be a part of that village. When I became pregnant with my second child I made sure to have a Postpartum Doula there to help us once we returned home with our sweet baby. I'm so thankful I did! She answer my questions and help me understand the healing process of a cesarean section, she helped me get rested and most importantly she gave us the time we needed to help our first child adjust to a new baby.
Not long after becoming certified, I was asked to join the Northwest Association for Postpartum Support (NAPS) board. I am currently a volunteer in the continuing education program for NAPS Doulas. I also recently was trained as a volunteer PEPS group leader! I am currently leading my first group and am really enjoying each weeks subject matter and the conversations surrounding them.
I’ll soon be expanding my business by adding gentle sleep training for babies and toddlers, 4months to 4years. I couldn’t be more excited to be taking the sleep savvy workshop!
In my free time I enjoy finding new parks to enjoy with my son, daughter and dog. I also love reading, crafting, gardening, finding new recipes and cooking.
- Certified Postpartum Doula, Northwest Association for Postpartum Support (NAPS)
- Postpartum Doula Skills Workshop, Bastyr
- First Aid and CPR Certified, American Heart Association
- Breastfeeding Basics Course, Birth and Beyond
- Certified Placenta Encapsulator, Big Belly Services
- Sleep Savvy work shop
- Twin Care for the Overnight Doula, NAPS
- Guiding postpartum mothers toward healing, self-care and exercise-Dr.April Bolding, NAPS
- Cloth Diapering 101, NAPS
- Talking to clients about Perinatal Mood & Anxiety Disorders-Crystal Gurney