A Little About Me:
I started my Postpartum Doula journey not long after my son was born. Having never heard of a Postpartum Doula, I was interested in finding out what their role was in a new or growing family. Once I knew, I couldn't imagine myself doing anything else with my life! I believe I have found my true calling in becoming a Postpartum Doula. I love walking into a home and helping new families gain their confidence through honesty, education and humor.
With our first baby my postpartum period was filled with tears, a lack of confidence, and many fears about the future. Although I had friends and family to help me, I believe a trained Postpartum Doula would have helped me to gain my confidence and heal faster. It truly takes a village, and a Postpartum Doula should be a part of that village.
In my free time I enjoy finding new parks to enjoy with my son, daughter and dog. I also love reading, crafting, gardening, hiking and cooking.
- Certified Postpartum Doula, Northwest Association for Postpartum Support (NAPS)
- Postpartum Doula Skills Workshop, Bastyr
- First Aid and CPR Certified, American Heart Association
- Breastfeeding Basics Course, Birth and Beyond
- Certified Placenta Encapsulator, Big Belly Services
- Sleep Savvy work shop
- Twin Care for the Overnight Doula, NAPS
- Guiding postpartum mothers toward healing, self-care and exercise-Dr.April Bolding, NAPS
- Cloth Diapering 101, NAPS
- Talking to clients about Perinatal Mood & Anxiety Disorders-Crystal Gurney
- Best practices in identification, prevention and treatment in perinatal mood and anxiety disorder, Perinatal Support Washington